Analog synths are the unstoppable weapons of the french Canadian electronic band from Montreal, Le Matos. Its musical imprint is a powerful dancemachine, mix of pop melodies and melancholic sounds inspired by 80’s movie soundtrack composers such as Vangelis, John Carpenter, Tangerine Dream, Shuki Levy and Goblin.
After having demonstrated all their know-how on stage and doing remixes for artists such as Coeur de Pirate, Delphic, We Have Band or Electric Youth, Le Matos released their first album, “Join Us”, in 2013.
The band recently faced a new challenge that leads them increasingly to producing : they composed the soundtrack of the BMX-powered post-apocalyptic splatterific love story Turbo Kid, written and directed by the trio RKSS, which premiere occured at Sundance film festival 2015. Since then, the movie’s been presented in essential events such as South by Southwest or the Sitges International Festival of Fantastic Cinema in Catalunya where it won the Best music Award.
As a logical next step for these cinema lovers, comes out a second opus : Chronicles Of The Wasteland, offering a remixed version of the original soundtrack, and signed, as a consecration, on the label Death Waltz/ Mondo (John Carpenter, Goblin…) in United Sates and on Fantômes Records in Canada.
A first extract, "No Tomorrow", in collaboration with the singer Pawws, is actually available on bandcamp.
- SUMMER OF '84 Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (August 2018)
- Chronicles Of The Wasteland / Turbo Kid Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (December 2015)
- Join Us (May 2013)
- Coming Soon (November 2011)
- 58 Minutes pour vivre (December 2011)
- Sarah (October 2012)
- Kiyoko (June 2014)
- Nightmare Isn't Over (Halloween II rework by Le Matos) (October 2015)
- 58 Minutes in the Pool (March 2017)
- Official Website
- podcast interview with Le Matos about "Summer of '84"